Exposure > New domestic abuse film ‘Behind Closed Doors’

Posted on March 23, 2016

Streetlight

Exposure releases latest film about domestic abuse
Exposure is proud to release its latest short film, Behind Closed Doors. Funded by Barnet Council the project forms part of our campaign to raise awareness of domestic abuse.

We worked with young people from Barnet in north London to create this short film as well as an associated magazine exploring what makes a healthy relationship and sharing experiences of what goes on… behind closed doors.

The first time he hit me I looked right at his face. I knew I wasn't imagining things; I saw love in those eyes.

An estimated one in five people experience some form of domestic abuse in childhood and 40% of young people suffer mistreatment in their relationships.

Issue 121 of Exposure magazine, a domestic abuse special, is available to download online.

Exposure

, , ,

9 Responses to New domestic abuse film ‘Behind Closed Doors’

1. Esther Joseph April 28, 2016 at 12:29 pm #

Excellent film, this should be shown in all secondary schools.

2. Exposure April 28, 2016 at 1:06 pm #

Thank you.

3. Luca Katona April 28, 2016 at 2:12 pm #

From watching this film the way the actors were acting instantly got my attention. Seeing the emotions coming from the actors made me feel speechless. I would say, now I have more of a comprehension of domestic abuse and I think that everyone should watch this film.

4. Anisha Khelawon April 28, 2016 at 2:13 pm #

Watching the film made me feel so moved and captivated by the acting. From watching the film i have definitely gained more knowledge of domestic abuse. Other teengers should watch this too.

5. izzy June 23, 2016 at 3:41 pm #

I personally can appreciate this film, as the storyline is clever yet simple, and it covers all the basis of domestic violence. I think the film could make an even bigger impact if it was slightly more in-depth, although I do think the more minimal style works well aesthetically in this film.

6. Rosa June 28, 2016 at 9:59 am #

It’s really interesting that this film covers so many different scenarios of domestic abuse, and the acting performances are so moving and effective

7. Arun July 11, 2016 at 2:18 pm #

Very good film. Simple but gets across points so well. Statistic use is very good especially alongside choice of song.

8. Baffour March 6, 2017 at 3:21 pm #

This film was really good and engaging and I never looked away from the screen as it was so informative.

9. Jesica March 20, 2017 at 3:51 pm #

The film was very interesting and made me feel captivated. The characters acted very well and the sound was perfect.
    My advice for everyone never remain silent even if the problem seems to have no solution and don’t be embarrassed in front of situation.